px'/>

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Soles of Summer

According to the calendar, the first official day of summer is June 21. According to the weather here in Florida, the first day of summer was sometime back in March. Either way, I love to usher in the coming season with some new shoes, not that I really ever need an excuse to buy new shoes. Here are four on-trend styles, some more aspirational than others, that will be coming soon to a closet near me:

White pumps:

Celebrities in white pumps via People StyleWatch
Hooray for the return of the single sole pump! I don't know about you, but I'm tiring quickly of the big, chunky platforms that seem to be everywhere. There's nothing more simple, yet sophisticated than a pointy-toed stiletto pump. White is fresh for summer and I'm not waiting until after Labor Day to rock them.

Christian Louboutin, $725



KamaliKulture, $99

Guess, $69.99
  Clear touches:
Via Firstclassfashionista.com
PVC/Lucite touches on shoes and other accessories were all over the runways for spring. As someone who often does my own pedicure, I think I'll go to the salon and get my callused heels and bunions professionally filed away before I slip into these.

Nicholas Kirkwood, $358


Jeffrey Campbell, $189.95


Naughty Monkey, $26.99
 Gladiators:
Via Fashionista.com
It was only two or three summers ago that I was wearing my ankle-high gladiator sandals with everything. I'm really enjoying this season's bolder, knee-high take on the gladiator. Some love the trend and others abhor it, but I'm firmly in the "must-have" camp.
Stuart Weitzman, $398

Ecote, $49
Ebay, $33.70
Stylish Sneakers:

Joan Smalls in Isabel Marant sneakers
Joan Smalls can make anything look good, but the wedge sneaker trend needs to be set aboard a raft, lit on fire and sent out to sea. Unless of course you've already spent $600-700 on your Marants, in which case, rock on. I, unfortunately, have literally worn my several-years old pink and black Converse down to the ground, so I need a cute pair of sneakers stat!

Lanvin, $407
Adidas x Jeremy Scott, $119.95


Converse, $69.95

Happy shoe shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment