px'/>

Monday, March 25, 2013

Birthday Blues (Or Happy Birthday Kennedy!)


Halter: Milano via TJ Maxx; Shorts: Forever 21; Nude flat sandals: Mossimo via Target;
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs; All bangles: Forever 21
 Not only was  Saturday a gorgeous day weather-wise, it was also the day the family all got together for my beautiful niece Kennedy’s first birthday party. Ok, she’s technically my first cousin once removed, but ain’t nobody got time to write all that. I had originally planned to wear jeans, but it was far warmer than I’d expected so I opted for these adorable blue printed shorts which I got for a literal penny the other weekend. I love mixing prints so I decided to pair them with this halter top and added some bangles of varying sizes.

Please ignore the serial killer smile. Thank you.



Blue steel realness
As humble as it sounds, style runs in the family, from the babies on up. Kennedy’s mom, my inimitable cousin Nadira, almost stole the show from the guest of honor in her bright orange Charlotte Russe crop top and this amazing, on-trend midi skirt she fashioned herself from a vintage piece of fabric. And let's not discuss how this woman has a one-year old and she's half my size.


My cousin Byron (he’s single y’all!) was the picture of pared-down perfection in a simple gray H&M top, Old Navy dark denim and these sweet Timberland boat shoe/boot hybrids:




The guest of honor, however, slayed us all  in her multi-colored polka dot dress, pink bow headband, and best of all her sick sneakers. More than once, I overheard someone lamenting the fact that these sneakers don’t come in adult sizes. I wanted to get a close-up in order to show the details so I attempted to stuff my size 11 foot into her shoe…ahem…sorry Kennedy.


I need cake NOW


All in all it was a great party and I can’t wait to see what Kennedy serves up for birthday number 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment