px'/>

Friday, March 29, 2013

Sweat. Suit.


*Tear* That's beautiful.
As much as I love fashion, I also value comfort immensely. Moreover, I really like the aesthetics of mixing unexpected pieces in one outfit. I’d been searching for a pair of “fashionable” sweatpants if you will, for some time now when I finally came upon this gray pair crammed on a sale rack at Target. They’re size XL, but I had to try them on regardless because I loved the pop of neon orange in the drawstring and the tapered legs. Plus they looked so comfortable (and they are).




The sporty look is a pretty big trend this spring and so I was going for a dressy-sporty look here. Dressing up sweatpants is nothing new. Someone who pulls off the look particularly well is Rihanna, seen here in T by Alexander Wang sweatpants and her favorite (she told me) Manolo strappy sandals:

Abs sold separately.
The key to pulling off this look successfully is to make sure your sweatpants are slim-fitting, preferably with a tapered leg. For my iteration I kept the look minimal with a nude lip (foundation and a swipe of chapstick), braided ponytail and hammered silver cuff. The amazing murals on Central Ave in Downtown served as the perfect backdrop to this look.

Sheer/opaque striped top: Forever 21; Sweatpants: Target; Handbag: Danielle Nicole via TJ Maxx
Readers: Urban Outfitters



Blazer: H&M

Strappy sandals: JustFab
 




No comments:

Post a Comment