px'/>

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Britney x Justin (Or all denim everything)

Any sentient human being will see the title and know immediately to whom and to what I refer. How could one forget the red carpet of the 2001 American Music Awards when Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake arrived in all their denim glory? Ok, ok, you probably tried to block it out of your memory, but I’ve never forgotten it. In homage to that epic (and one could say disastrous) fashion moment, I opted for an all denim look for my day of museum hopping downtown on Sunday. It was also a middle finger to all those obnoxious “fashion rules” to which I was once slavishly beholden. You know, “no denim on denim,” “no black with blue or brown,” so on and so forth. This look can skew a bit Western, so I tried to pare that down with red lips, a bright cross-body bag and a statement necklace.






 
Can we talk about these boots for a moment? You know when you go into a store and find something amazing you never even knew you wanted? These boots are it. I stumbled upon them in the shoe aisle at Target, on sale no less and decided to try them on. Obviously they reference the Isabel Marant boots that everyone and their mother have been wearing for the last year or two. But I love the additional detail of the perforated section at the top and the strip of woven fabric down the side. I can think of very few outfits that I couldn’t wear these boots with, they’re my shoes of the season and best of all no pedicure is necessary!






Chambray shirt, denim jacket, and 'V' ring: Forever 21; Dark denim skirt: Gap; Vintage necklace: Misred Outfitters; Color-block crossbody bag: H&M; Ankle boots: Target; Sunglasses: Wet Seal; Lipstick: NYC Red; Nails: Revlon 'Eclectic'

No comments:

Post a Comment