px'/>

Friday, April 12, 2013

The Sweet Escape (Or let's talk about stripes)



The resemblance is uncanny.
It's not well documented, but it's about to be: I'm obsessed with stripes. I know I'm supposed to be articulate given that I'm writing a blog, but I can't quite describe why I'm such a fanatic. Some time ago I did an appraisal of my closet and realized that every other item was a stripe of some sort. Ok, so point is that I find myself in luck everytime 'spring' rolls around because let's face it: it's always one of the big trends. Case in point:
(L to R): Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Moschino

My inspiration though, is my music/fashion/everything icon Gwen Stefani circa the 'Sweet Escape.' I have fond memories of driving around the Tallahassee streets with that album blaring...Back to the point: I've mentioned how I don't care about the so-called "fashion rules," one of which is no horizontal stripes for those above 100 lbs. Apropos of my rebellious attitude, I've been dying to mix horizontal and vertical stripes in one outfit. So it was kismet when I chanced upon these lovely, uber comfortable vertical striped pants at my cousin's house (or maybe I ripped them out of her reluctant hands...who's keeping track?)


Top: Forever 21; Pants: Unknown; Belt: Nine West; Headwrap: My own

Goofball action.

Shoes: Michael Antonio
  
Bag: 100% Leather from CA via Momma Dearest

Um, who can't wear a red lip A$AP Rocky? Uh huh.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment